Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Weekly Showcase 5/26/11


Wasn't there a thing I used to do for WWE Monday Night RAW? No? Well then why would you even bring it up?!

Anyway, welcome to the weekly showcase, where I try to hunt down some decent stuff for wrestling fans who may be a little underwhelmed at the weekly professional wrestling offerings from the mainstream promotions.

This week, I'd like to direct attention at a "local" promotion here in Southern California that I believe is just starting to gain traction thanks to some stellar talent. That promotion is NWA Hollywood. Every Saturday at 11 p.m. over here, this division of the greater National Wrestling Alliance puts on the best show possible.

Check out THIS particular episode featuring Colt Cabana taking on Adam Pearce for the heavyweight title. It's a ton of fun.

Head over to their website, find them on Twitter, and support their wrestlers. This is a fun promotion I'd like to see stick around.

Anyway, that's gonna do it for the showcase this week. I'll be at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All-Star Weekend 8 this Saturday, making it my first indy show I've ever been to. Really looking forward to seeing Claudio Castagnoli, El Generico, Willie Mack, the Young Bucks and others.

Meanwhile check out past weeks' entries, be on the lookout for my SmackDown Sum-up this week, and possible stuff about my experience at the show.

Until next time, stay sexy, wrestling fans, and remember... genital warts DON'T rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment