Tuesday, May 17, 2011

RAW Recap 5/17/11 (Cole Phelps Edition)


As I emerged from a haze of playing L.A. Noire and some extremely light "studying" for finals, I realized something... I hadn't fulfilled my obligation to the two faithful readers of the Rotunda and hadn't done a RAW recap.

So, now thirty minutes to 12 pm here on the west-coast, I'm just going to wrap this up in a nice tidy package, one that's probably much more efficient than my normal schtick. So without further ado... what was good and what sucked with last night's RAW!!!

WHAT WAS GOOD?!?!
  • CM PUNK WRESTLES A MATCH! BEATS KOFI!
  • KHARMA AGAIN! SHE'S COOL!
  • REY MYSTERIO AND ALBERTO DEL RIO ACTUALLY HAVE A GOOD MATCH!
  • R-TRUTH IS CRAZY! HE SHOULD NEVER CHANGE!
  • ZACK RYDER MAKES AN APPEARANCE!
WHAT SUCKED?!?!
  • DIVAS MATCH WAS NEEDED TO TRIGGER KHARMA APPEARANCE! WAS NOT GOOD!
  • ANOTHER LONG LAWLER AND COLE SEGMENT! DEAR LORD, MAKE IT STOP!
  • TAG CHAMPS LOSE TO TWO NEXUS MEMBERS WHO NEVER WRESTLE!
  • SWAGGER VS. CENA MATCH WAS SUPPOSED TO BE NO-HOLDS-BARRED! WAS VERY HOLDS-BARRED!
Whew.
Now, if I may type normally again, I will sum up RAW as thus; it's a show that often has just as much, if not more wrestling and genuine talent as its counterpart on Friday nights. The problem is, RAW is still bogged down in stupid storylines and tired rivalries, and thus it seems like a much worse show. I'd give Monday's episode a 3 star rating out of 5. There's something good here, but it's surrounded by a crispy "stupid" shell.


And with that, I apologize to anybody who actually enjoys the RAW recap for the lack of quality/timeliness of this installment. Hopefully, I'll be at a stable point in L.A. Noire by Friday to make good on the SmackDown sum-up.

Until then, check out last week's installment, HERE.
And have a look at my new weekly feature, the Wrestling Showcase, HERE

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate the fact that you make these, I really do.

    But you don't have to do it. WWE is really, really shitty now. I went from a 6+ year hiatus from watching any and all wrestling, to becoming a hardcore fan again, to giving up on the WWE again in the span of 14 months.

    C'mon, get out while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely see your point. RAW, in particular, I haven't TRULY enjoyed watching in forever.

    Usually, I enjoy watching SuperStars more than I do RAW (whether that says more about me or WWE, I don't know).

    But I love wrestling, and I want it to get better. So I watch.

    It's not like I put myself through watching TNA. I honestly couldn't do that

    ReplyDelete