Friday, May 20, 2011

"One Million Percent..." Macho Man: (1952-2011)


I feel that, since I've started this little blog up because of a life-long love of professional wrestling, I'd be remiss if I didn't say SOMETHING about today's events.

Today is a sad day. Plain and simple. The Macho Man is one of those larger than life persons that, if you were alive at any point in his long and storied wrestling careers, you know who he is. Personally, Macho Man has always been one of my favorites since I was a kid. His rivalries with some of greats of the WWF era are among my favorites, and Savage persisted well into my adolescence as the constant pinnacle of wrestling prowess both inside and outside of the ring.


The Macho Man so persisted in my life that, only a few years ago, when my Public Speaking class at Mt. San Antonio College required that we do a dramatic reading, I chose to recite a classic Macho Man promo to the class.

Whether he was wearing neon, black and white, red and black, or whatever, Macho Man was always amazing. Rest in peace, Mach. May you forever drop atomic elbows in the afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment